The Facebook Platform Roadmap in 2012
Carl Sjogreen, Director, Product Management, Facebook
Key Quote: “Facebook wants Open Graph to be a simple process for developers, so that the focus can be put on developing great apps.”
- Three major areas we’re working on this year – Open Graph, Mobile, Games
- Open Graph. Plays to two audiences. People who use facebook – for them, it’s a tool to use applications that are deeply integrated with facebook. It’s based on the belief that facebook is a tool to tell your story, both using media on and off facebook. We think that open graph has the potential to take a new class of apps and pull them into the facebook space.
- Vision for how developers should consider open graph opportunities: One of the design centers of open graph is to allow people to build cool new experiences, easily, with deep integration to facebook. No independent channel optimization is necessary.
- Going forward, there will still be ways to optimize open graph. But fundamentally the use case will move to more of an integrated app communication channel.
- Facebook wants Open Graph to be a simple process for developers, so that the focus can be put on developing great apps.
- Games is very important to facebook. They are the shining example of how social integration and design can be transformative to an industry, such as gaming. Games also drive reengagement.
You must be logged in to post a comment.