Wrapping up – South By Southwest 2011. SXSW this year was crazy – more forums, panels, speakers, meetings, shmoozing, happy hours, parties and concerts than could reasonably be handled in a single week. But I tried to do as much as I could, and had a great time in the process. Here’s an itemized account of all the media I produced during the conference.
I actually brought both my SLR and medium sized camera (Canon G10) out to Texas for SXSW. However, upon arrival and the first day of the crazy schedule, I decided that it would be easier, and actually much much more relevant to shoot photos of the week exclusively on my iPhone4. I always had it with me, and since it’s a phone too, I could upload the photos to the web immediately, rather than waiting until I got home. Overall the photos weren’t quite as nice as the ones I could get with my SLR, but I think it was the perfect too to capture the spirit of the event. Throughout the week, I tried to take pics of all the things I did, people I saw, and every checkin. Every time I checked into a location on Foursquare, I attached a picture of where I was at the moment to the checkin. Using FlickrSquare, pics from 4SQ posts were automatically added to my Flickr photo stream, for one unified stream of photos.
I didn’t take a ton of footage, but here are the two that made it off the phone..
SXSWi Blog Posts:
- Social Networks I’m Using At SXSW
- Staying Organized at SXSW
- Infographic: SXSW By The Numbers
- Linking Foursquare With… My American Express Card?
- Sweater Trees at University of Texas
- SXSW Panel: Rebooting Iceland – Crowdsourcing Innovation in Uncertain Times
- SXSW Solo – Thin is In. The Future of Digital Wallets
- SXSW Panel – U.S. Military’s Mad Science Revealed
- SXSW Panel – Time Traveling: Interfaces for Geotemporal Visualization
- SXSW Solo – Behind the Curtain: Secrets of Mobile Application Wizardry
- SXSW Panel – Big in Japan: Outreaching to a Unique Market
- SXSW Keynote: Christopher Poole
- SXSW Solo – The 2011 Open Architecture Challenge: Revisioning Decommisioned Military Facilities/Design Like You Give A Damn
- SXSW Panel – Japanese Mobile Leaders Forum
- SXSW Future15 – NFC and RFID, How It Will Change Mobile
- SXSW Panel – Moving the Web onto Mobile Devices
- SXSW Dual – Touching Stories: Designing Digital Magazines for the iPad
- SXSW Panel – Voices From The HTML5 Trenches: Browser Wars IV
- SXSW Wrapup: QR Codes Everywhere
- The Egg Drop at Ignite Austin during SXSW
On a similar note, friend Holly Chen just posted here SXSW Wrapup too.