Our final day in the front country. Today is a big gear gear and packing day, in preparation for our departure tomorrow morning.
- After breakfast, went over basic sled usage and packing technique. Since we’ll be skiing with these sleds both uphill and downhill, packing efficiency and balance is very important.
- After sled backing, moved on to daypack, and getting everything else sorted out.
- Skinning today was along Mail Cabin Creek. A short 2 mile skin in, and then we set up a mock campsite.
- I taught a quick class on winter stove usage, and Lindsey did one on setting up a backcountry snow shelter.
- Tonight, final gear preparations and sleep.
Comments are closed.