At long last, the storm that has kept us pinned in camp for the last 4 days has cleared. Revealed is a beautiful white landscape of pristine powder. Lets ski it! Notes:
- Woke up this morning to the last bits of the storm. By the end of breakfast, snow had trailed off and dark clouds were beginning to turn into ligjt whisps.
- In preparation for moving camp higher up the mountain, we took light daypacks and skinned up to higher country to investigate the terrain.
- The weather kept getting better, so we continued up past our soon to be higher camp site and climbed up a small mountain.
- The bright sun, frozen trees, and windblown snow made for a dramatic ascent, which I lead.
- From the top, great views over Jackson Lake into the prominent Tetons.
- Naturally, we skied down all the way to low camp.
- Tonight in camp we did another snow fire, and a few fun readings.
- Tomorrow, we move camp up the mountain and dig new snow shelters.
Comments are closed.