Our longest passage, and best night out.
For the rest of the photos and video, and daily summaries, be sure to read the Sailing the Leeward Islands Trip Summary
Photos on Flickr (Slideshow)
Video on YouTube
– Woke up at Il Forche and made an early departure under motor power.
– Plotted a long course from Il Forche past St. Barts, around the west coast of St Maartin, and then across the channel towards Anguilla. We rounded the west point of Anguilla, and then cruised along the north coast to Road Bay. We anchored in Road Bay/Sandy Ground.
– Sean, Zac and I went ashore to clear through british customs and get more passport stamps.
– Spent some time swimming from the boat
– Went back in to shore to go to the grocery. Evelyn, Zac, Evan, and Dyana took a cab across the island to go grocery shopping.
– Sean and I walked down the beach to the Anguilla Sailing Club and rented a fun Hobie Cat sailboat. We also seemingly challenged one of the kids at the clubhouse to a race. Sailing the Hobie Wave out into Road Bay was fun, and we were eventually caught up to by this other kid in his Hobie Wave. We started following him, and were let way out of the bay into the open ocean – in a tiny Hobie Wave!
– We eventually made it back to shore, and met up with the rest of the crew to dinghy back to our boat.
– For dinner tonight, the five of us went ashore. Evelyn stayed on the boat, after passing out after our evening cocktail hour.
– We had an expansive, but marginally good meal at Ripples. Then, went over to The Pumphouse for drinks and to listen to a live reggae ban an hang out with the locals, including a kid we met at the sailing club.
– Sleep tonight, and tomorrow we’re spending a day on Prickly Pear Cay.
Comments are closed.