For the rest of the photos and video, and daily summaries, be sure to read the Sailing the Leeward Islands Trip Summary
Photos on Flickr (Slideshow)
Video on YouTube
– Woke up around 8, immediately set sail for St. Bart’s.
– Sailed in 18kt winds about 30 miles to St Barts. Beat upwind the entire day, with the boat heeling significantly.
– Moored in the amazingly beautiful Columbier bay – on the far western tip of St Barts. The bay is secluded from the rest of the island, an has a pristine white sand beach.
– Swam off the back of the boat for a while, and took pictures of each other jumping off the side of the boat.
– Saw lots of fish swimming under the boat, and Dyana and Evan went snorkeling for a bit.
– Got our shore gear together and hiked eastward on St. Barts for about an hour. The hike to the other side of the ridge was beautiful, and halfway through the hike descended through the village of Columbier.
– Hiked back to the beach, and returned to the boat for dinner. Of note, Evelyn ate 4 turkey burgers w/ half a jar of mayo and about a box of mac and cheese.
– Tomorrow we’re waking up early to go scuba diving, and then sailing to Il Forche
Comments are closed.